NWOGEO website Home Page changes

Suggestions for website & website related help requests and problem notification.

Moderator: Steering Committee

GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

NWOGEO website Home Page changes

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

GoodDog wrote:Something has changed on the login page. I get directed to a register screen, if I click on the home page it goes back to the register screen,
The only way I can log in is to jump to forums where there is the login button. This is going to confuse/deny new users.
I was experimenting with the Home page to make it as simple as possible within the limits of our current software for new (unregistered) users. The problem was that I forgot about what happens when registered users clear their browser cookies or have them turned off. They see the site as an unregistered user.

The User Info block is now added back to the right edge column for all users, so logging in, is easier for registered users. The screen will still look simpler until you log in, then it will change to show the other features. If your cookies are cleared or off, you will also see the Welcome block that all unregistered users see when first visiting the site.

The text in the Welcome block is currently pretty simple. We are discussing ways to help new people learn more about NWOGEO when they first visit. So in the furture we can modify that Welcome block with better text and include a link to "learn more about NWOGEO" before registering.

So sometimes one step forward requires a few steps backwards until Good Dog debugs things!
Last edited by GizmoGuy411 on Wed 2010-03-03, 01:38:21, edited 1 time in total.
SuchaNana
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: NWOGEO website Home Page changes

Post by SuchaNana »

is this the thread to ask who should update our home page so that the dates say 2010 at the top ...
and the theme logo for the MWGB is on the cache event page but not on our home page...

and link to that event GC?
don't want to assume it's Giz, but is it? inquiring minds just wanna know !!!
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Re: NWOGEO website Home Page changes

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Who me?

Let me look into it.... time has been too precious lately!